Are you a Physician Mom who is just stuck or burned out?
Because I can help!
My friends joked and called me "Wonder Woman" because they couldn't understand how I kept it all together, husband, children, medical training/practice, housework, laundry, on and on and on. Well, to be honest, anyone can only juggle all this for so long before plates start to slip and fall!
I experienced burnout as a physician HARD. Retrospectively, I was "crispy to the core." My soul was discouraged and dissatisfied with my career as an outpatient family medicine physician. So many nights I thought to myself, "How am I going to keep doing this for 30 more years?" or "Did I really push through med school and residency just for this?"
My family didn't understand.
My non-medical friends didn't understand.
My med school best friends and I would vent to each other and try to give support but we were all feeling it.
So, now, I want to be support for you because down to my core, I FREAKING UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE AT!!! I coach other women through burnout and get them discovering the lives they are suppose to be living instead of juggling the life they thought they were suppose to live. I can help you change your life because I've walked that path and now I'm on the other side booty shakin' dancing!!
Coaching may be for you
Do you want any of these?
- Becoming healthier and more well
- Adjust work-life balance
- Better stress management
- Rediscover your passions
- Find solutions to your challenges
- Find a new job or career path
- Discover a better way to work in your current position
- Work through your internal thoughts in a confidential relationship
I also function in a consulting role
Because of my journey, passions and strengths, I have expertise in negotiating for yourself, physician specific issues within workplaces, broken processes and workflows, workplace wellness and developing a cluture of wellness both personal and organizational.
Professionally, do any of the following describe you?
- As soon as you pull into the parking lot at work, you want to vomit
- Sunday night at 5pm, a dark and terrible dread fills your innermost because you realize that tomorrow is Monday
- You have thought to yourself, "I got myself through (insert years of education) for this?"
- Being fired wouldn't bother you. You've actually dreamed about it.
- The movie "Office Space" has become your reality
- You sit in your office with the lights off in hopes that no one finds you
- You're planning your next vacation while you are on vacation from work
- Your mood at work is constantly angry even without reason
Personally, do any of the following apply?
- You wonder, "What is my purpose?"
- You feel the D's (discouraged, dissatisfied, disengaged)
- Family and friends are scratching their heads because they think you are happy but you obviously are not
- You constantly seem isolated, trapped or stuck without anywhere to turn for support or encouragement
- Life is spinning out of control around you. You may even feel there doesn’t seem to be any hope or end in sight
- You are caught in the same routine though you greatly desire something new or a change
Having a coach means having someone who comes along side you, listens, helps you identify your needs and your goals, explores possibilities and, occasionally, gives you a nudge forward.
Coaching is NOT therapy but it instead focuses on you, the client, discovering your answers within yourself.
Benefits of coaching with me:
Accountability - I can provide you with peer to peer accountability by supporting you not just to think about making changes but spurring you towards change.
Confidentiality & Trustworthiness - Because I'm an independent contractor, I provide you with the highest privacy. The only information disclosed is what you want. Coaching does not fall under mandatory reporting to state licensing boards.
Understanding - Not only am I a licensed physician and trained coach, I'm still practicing medicine on the front lines.
Experience - I am passionate about burnout and coaching others through it because I have walked the walk. Now that I have come through my own journey of burnout, I've "businessed up" by getting coach training, Women in Medicine leadership training, Clear Coaches Select courses, and numerous webinars and CME events focused around doing medicine better.
Resourceful - In order to better navigate medicine, I love collecting research, latest studies and networking with other in order to gain strength in numbers. I pass this knowledge onto my clients by discussing specific topics like attending/leading meetings well, how to handle double standards with medicine, how to write a resignation letter and more.
Supportive - I am in your corner and want to go over and beyond to boost you.
Strong Boundaries - These is one that may surprise you that I list it but I know that it is an advantage! I will show up and give you everything I've got during our time together but I WILL also maintain my own sustainability and I will encourage you to do the same.